Our North American client based in the Lower Mainland of BC is undergoing an exciting transformation in their organization and is looking for an exceptional Controller
. Reporting into the CEO, it is a great time to join this company to help build new policies and procedures and to lead a small, entrepreneurial team in a friendly, flexible and dynamic environment.
Your overall responsibilities will include full oversight of all financial reporting, month-end closing, and daily operational accounting. You will recommend and roll-out process improvements including participation in ERP and analytical tool implementation and upgrades. You will ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly financial results while ensuring accuracy and integrity of details. Additionally, you will coordinate the financial review, handle tax compliance and reporting, cash flow forecasting and assist with preparation of the Board pack. The role is exceptionally broad and has a significant opportunity to impact results.
To be successful in this role and organization, you possess the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Business or Finance, designated CPA (preferably with Accounting firm)
- Manufacturing industry experience is a must have for this role
- 8 years’ progressive experience including 5+ years’ experience in a senior level Finance role.
- Strong technical accounting understanding and proficiency with ASPE
- IT savvy with experience in ERP implementation
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with easy-going but enthusiastic attitude.
- A strong entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude; always looking to make things better
- You are a self-starter, who holds oneself accountable and is well disciplined
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
This is an exciting opportunity to effect change with a transforming, manufacturing business and to be an influential business partner with senior leadership. Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered for this opportunity.