Our client is a proud family business, where people come first – both their own team globally as well as their customers. They are committed to top quality in everything they do in the quick service restaurant (QSR) business, providing exceptional customer experience. They are dedicated to providing an environment for an engaged and diverse workforce with exciting career opportunities and are driven by giving back and supporting communities across the globe.
We are currently searching for a VP Operations for their North American business. This role, reporting to the CEO, will be based in Toronto with national responsibility as well as expansion into the US markets. The VP Operations is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for aligning the company’s strategic plans with delivery of operational excellence across the restaurants through developing the teams, delivering an exceptional customer experience and optimizing the financial performance of the company.
As an experienced leader, having built your career in the hospitality/restaurant industry and preferably the QSR space; you will join an organization going through significant growth as well as digital transformation. Instill a mindset of ownership and accountability with all managers and team members, providing a “playbook” for best practices – defining expectations to meet the vision and strategy for growth. Drive new operational initiatives to support a customer focused culture, embedding this company wide. Identify opportunities to enhance technology and guide the changes necessary to influence the long-term growth strategy. With your commercial and visionary thinking, maximize revenue and influence delivery of overall business and financial performance.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will possess the following:
- Undergrad degree preferred
- Progressive hands-on career in the restaurant or retail industry, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership or executive capacity
- A strategic and “roll up your sleeves” mindset with strong business and financial capabilities including P&L management and budget preparation
- Experience in a fast paced, high growth environment with a demonstrated impact on talent strategy, technology transformation and customer experience
- Exceptional people leadership, an inspiring and influencing style, ensuring accountability and results; an ability to work with a disparate management team
- Track record of evolving and delivering operational excellence in a customer-centric culture
- Innovative, change agent, results driven and collaborative professional
This is an exciting role for a Director or VP Operations to lead a growing global business, across North America. This search will move quickly, so please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered.