Our North American client, based in Victoria, BC is undergoing an exciting transformation in their organization and is looking for an exceptional Controller
. Reporting into the CFO, it is a great time to join this growing organization, to help build new policies and procedures and to develop and mentor a strong finance team.
Your overall responsibilities will include evolving and managing the accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as providing strategic analyses to the company’s senior leadership team to support future growth initiatives. You will develop new financial policies and procedures while ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial details. You will ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results. Additionally, you will coordinate financial audits, handle tax compliance and reporting, including budgeting and cash flow forecasting. You will work with the CFO to upgrade and optimize the enterprise system and assist with the execution of cost accounting analyses.
This individual will need to be very hands-on, willing to roll-up their sleeves and tackle problems head-on. Someone who is passionate about the work they do; questions the status-quo to find better ways to get the job done; is curious about the details; has managed and led a finance team; and treats the company as if it was their own; will have great success in the role.
In order to be considered for this position, you will possess the following:
- CPA, CA designation required
- Ideally, you will have Big4 experience as well as industry (manufacturing) experience
- 3+ years of progressive finance experience within a fast paced, growing environment
- Hands-on, lead from the front mentality focusing on improving the finance functions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with easy-going but enthusiastic attitude.
- You are a self-starter and possess a “can-do” attitude
- You are driven to succeed in a challenging, transforming environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a transforming business and to be recognized for your contributions in this forward-thinking organization Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered for this opportunity.