As the manufacturing sector in Ontario continues to shrink, the number of opportunities for challenging, exciting operational controllership roles decline as well. We are pleased to be working on an exceptional role that bucks that trend!
Our client is the large Canadian division of a global high-tech electronics manufacturer. They develop and produce state-of-the-art sensor systems which are used by some of the world’s largest manufacturers for next generation services. They are hiring a Plant Controller,
the senior finance resource on the ground in Canada, to support their largest production site in Markham, and a second nearby site under construction.
The job scope is broad as you would expect. It includes day-to-day management and mentoring of the finance team of five. You will lead this group through execution of the month-end closing process, including the production of financial statements, variance analysis, management reporting and key performance metrics by product and customer. Your team will also produce quarterly sales, Capex/Opex and working capital forecasts and reviewing them with operational and financial management. You will also be the key contact, working with your outside advisors, to estimate the quarterly tax provisions and annual tax calculations and filing of the CRA returns and remittances. And you will lead risk management and SOX controls and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Designated CPA with approximately 10+ years progressive experience post-designation. An MBA would be a plus.
- Experience managing and mentoring an engaged team
- Experience with IFRS and/or US GAAP reporting and SOX procedures is required
- Large ERP & reporting system experience and solid Excel skills
- Recent complex manufacturing experience – automotive industry would be a plus.
- Above average communications and interpersonal as you will be working with both the Executive and Operational teams
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join a company on the forefront of technology that will impact society in a big way going forward. Come be part of it!