Our client is a capital investment company with controlling positions in numerous enterprises. The company is growing rapidly, both organically and through acquisitions. The time has come to add a new Manager of Financial Reporting
role. This opportunity is located in the north end of the GTA.
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Develop and deliver monthly/quarter/annual reporting packages for management and other stakeholders.
- Set reporting standards and requirements for group entities.
- Develop and execute an annual budgeting process.
- Develop and deploy a variance reporting process (vs budget, prior period, etc.)
- Research and set accounting policies across the organization
- Manage audit requirements and liase with external auditors, providing organized info as required.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis support and business modelling to company leaders on new opportunities, acquisitions, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A CPA designation earned while working in an accounting firm
- Experience in an audit, assurance, consolidation or advisory role
- Experience with multiple entity consolidations and reporting
- Experience preparing audit working papers
- Experience completing private company tax returns
- Willing to “roll up the sleeves” and address accounting issues as required
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Caseware skills would be an asset
- Strong communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
This is a newly created role with significant opportunity for growth and development in a rapidly scaling business. This is an ideal opportunity for a CPA to make their first move to industry in a family-driven caring environment.