Our client is a rapidly-growing Canadian beauty product company with more than 50 products in skincare and cosmetics across 15 markets. The company fully embraces their founding principle of being authentic, being different, being functional, being beautiful and being sensibly priced. The business is growing globally and there are hundreds of current projects across all corporate functions, and our client is underway to establish a Project Management Office (PMO) to streamline the project management processes to ensure projects are delivered consistently and successfully. The PMO Lead will be the first person to establish the PMO framework and acts as a guru for all Project Managers and project owners.
Who you are:
- You are a supportive PMO coach and a respected leader. You are enthusiastic about helping people and projects excel. You are known for being the go-to person in PMO when the Projects Managers need guidance.
- You are a seasoned Project Management (PM) professional. You are knowledgeable with various PM frameworks and methodologies. You have experience with establishing PM standards and governance in a complex and fast-paced organization. You can provide guidance and insights on what type of methodologies and tools are best suited for different kinds of projects.
- You are highly emotionally intelligent and can effectively communicate across various departments and cultures. You are able to prioritize the projects that are the most critical to the success of the corporate strategy and have difficult conversations with the stakeholders when needed.
What you will be doing:
Reporting directly to the COO, you will take charge of establishing the Project Management Office by standardizing methods and processes in project management to provide tangible, repeatable and long-term benefits to the business. You will review the nature and status of each project, select key projects to prioritize and make sure appropriate resources are in place to support them. You will also create a roadmap for future projects to support the delivery of the company’s five-year strategy. You will also be involved in recruiting and training of new Project Managers. Your primary business stakeholders are the project owners across the organization, which include but not limited to: Production, Quality, R&D, Supply Chain, Facilities, Retail Operations, Creative and all the corporate functions.
In order to be considered for this role, you would have the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or related
- Prior experience in establishing or leading a PMO in a fast-paced and complex environment
- A supportive leadership and communication style
- Good business acumen
- Experience in retail or CPG industry is highly desired
- Collaborative with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand the common cultural characteristics of a scaling organization and able to thrive in a flexible and agile environment