ABI LTD (“ABI”) is a global designer, manufacturer, and integrator of automated industrial baking equipment. Founded in 1989, the company has helped hundreds of bakeries – from medium-sized operations to some of the globe’s largest industrial operations – to make better food more efficiently. The company boasts a growing network of satisfied customers across five continents. The world’s largest manufacturer of bagel make-up equipment, ABI has invested heavily in R&D over the past decade to become one of the global leaders in robotics applications in the baking process.
Over the last two and a half decades, ABI machines have produced more than 50 million tons of baked goods. Growing domestic markets and several new product line introductions has poised the company for substantial growth in the medium term and the company seeks additional management talent and leadership to help develop and execute its growth strategy.
As such, they are seeking an HR Director
establish and improve processes and procedures and put systems in place to help support the development and execution of their growth strategy, with a focus on people and culture. This role is both strategic and hands-on, involving HR infrastructure development as well as transformation of the business, being an HR business partner and subject matter expert to the executive team. The HR Director will report to the President and take on all of the HR functions and responsibilities including talent acquisition, talent management, systems development, employee relations, training and compensation & benefits. The right candidate will have the potential to grow into a more senior position as the Company expands.
A key mandate involves building programs and processes to recruit and onboard exceptional talent as well as build career and succession plans. Lead the creation of a new performance management program, providing employees and managers an opportunity to create a world class workforce. As the HR Director, you will act as a trusted advisor demonstrating empathy and integrity in representing the best interests of the team. The role will evolve strategically as these programs are implemented and best practices established. The preferred candidate will also identify and arrange/administer appropriate training initiatives for all levels of employees and champion the overall Health and Safety efforts for the company, ensuring compliance with legislation, attending JH&S meetings, ensuring open action items are completed and maintain Training and H&S records.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree with subsequent studies in HR management, e.g. CHRP/CHRL designation an asset.
- 10+ years progressive experience leading talent initiatives and demonstrating impactful contributions to a growing business.
- Manufacturing industry experience is an asset.
- Experience with HR-cycles; talent management programs, managing compensation and benefits and employee relations functions.
- Strong Health and Safety culture, with experience at the JHSC level and leading Training initiatives
- Ability and confidence to be the stand-alone HR professional for the organization.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with team members at all levels.
- Expert level with HR systems, MS Office (Word/Excel) required.
This is a newly created role that requires an HR professional who can straddle both tactical and strategic responsibilities and initiatives. Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered for this exciting role.