Our client is a privately-held CPG manufacturer with an aggressive growth strategy. They are seeking to add a Director of Corporate Finance to the team as a strong right hand to the CFO.
With operations and accounting teams on both sides of the border, the Director of Corporate Finance will play an important leadership and coordinating role. Your mandate will be focused on upgrading and modernizing the systems and processes associated with accounting, management reporting, and budgeting and planning. With the support of the divisional controllers, you will take the organization to a new professional level of F&A leadership.
At the same time, you will be building the strength and capacity of the Corporate Finance function, including reporting to senior management and the board; management of treasury, banking, cash management, and tax; leading the annual audit; and expanding the FP&A capabilities to support business growth.
This would be an ideal career growth opportunity for a strong performer in the Canadian subsidiary of a global CPG company; it would provide the breadth of experience and Balance-Sheet-focused responsibility required for a CFO-targeted career path which would be very difficult to get in that subsidiary structure.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A CPA Designation
- Experience in the CPG industry, at the manufacturer, distributor, or retail level
- Some experience with manufacturing operations and standard cost systems
- Experience in both controllership and FP&A focused functions
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels
- Able to operate strategically but also tactically; not afraid to get into the weeds when required
If this sounds like the next great step in your career, please apply immediately and in confidence.