Do you want to contribute to the growth, innovation and vibrancy of our client, a publicly listed company, in the Cannabis Industry? They have an aggressive expansion plan and are targeting several acquisitions. They are seeking a passionate, connected, results driven Interim Chief Executive Officer who will build on their successes.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, you will be a highly visible ambassador in the industry and lead the organization to implement strategies to achieve its vision, goals and objectives. As an experienced CEO, you will provide guidance to the executive leadership team in, driving the business forward, ensuring product quality and excellence.
The executive will be tasked with the following:
- Grow revenue by adopting a commercial mindset and utilizing a solution and market-based selling approach combined with entrepreneurial zeal to construct profitable deals
- Participate in business development activities, supporting the growth strategy through opportunity identification, seeking risk/return balance for investments
- Build shareholder value and enabling significant scaling of the company;
- Ensure the business development plan is effectively implemented
- Collaborate with target capital markets firms to establish relationships for fund raising.
- Establish successful partnerships that enable the company to access new markets and offer more complete solutions
- Articulate and instill a “change management” attitude across the organization which will drive streamlining and more efficient processes
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Public company experience required, ideally have taken a company through a successful exit (sale) of a business
- A post-secondary degree in business or a related discipline
- A proven track record of building and leading strong, technically sound lines of business including successful fundraising
- A demonstrated track record of developing and implementing strategies
- An ability to develop and nurture investor relations. Deal with capital markets, analysts, shareholders, Board members and prospective investors
- A strategic leader who will be extremely active and hands-on in the business, having worked closely with operations and sales
If you have excellent communication skills, an effective balance of confidence and humility this is an excellent opportunity with long term equity potential for you! Please apply in confidence highlighting relevant experiences and accomplishments on your resume. This role can be based anywhere in Canada.