Through innovation, perseverance and a focus on quality, our client has made a significant mark in the health and beauty industry in a short amount of time. As a privately-held Canadian company, they have far surpassed growth expectations and largely disrupted the space in a unique way. With that growth, they are looking for a Controller to join their finance team in Downtown Toronto.
Are you someone with a curious mind-set? Do you have a good understanding of controls and enjoy building processes? Have you either implemented an ERP system, or have become an expert in using the platform? Do you have experience working in a product-oriented company (CPG, wholesale distribution, Ecommerce, retail, manufacturing) and are passionate about brands? If you are a strong Controller with a positive attitude, likes to get immersed in many aspects of the business, are adaptable to change, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then this role will be exciting for you.
As the Controller supporting the Director Finance, you will have primary responsibility for oversight to all operational accounting and finance functions; internal controls and processes; oversight of payroll; assisting with an ERP implementation; managing and forecasting cash-flow; and helping to define budgeting and operational forecasting requirements. You will work a collaborative team-based environment providing guidance and mentorship to the accounting and operational team.
To be considered for the opportunity, you will possess the following:
- Must have a Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and progressive experience in a fast-paced environment - experience in a product related industry is a must (CPG, manufacturing, distribution, ecommerce)
- Previous experience working in an operational accounting and finance function
- Previous experience working with an ERP and other Information systems, with a proven capability of optimizing systems for improved financial flows, reporting and analysis.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Highly proficient in Excel with an ability to develop processes to improve operations
- Ability to thrive in a high growth environment and adaptable to change
- Strives for continuous improvement and is willing to effectively challenge the status-quo.
Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered. This role will fill quickly.