Our client is a well-known, preeminent, global financial advisory and asset management firm with a growing presence in Canada. Their culture is based on building strong relationships with clients, partners or other stakeholders and within their high performing teams. They are hiring a Head of Finance & Operations in Toronto to support their Canadian Chairman & CEO along with the operations of their Canadian business. The successful candidate will have a broad role encompassing Finance, HR and Office Administration. If this breadth and variety interests you, please read on.
As a hands-on Finance leader, you will develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, and P&L summaries. You will manage revenue projections for the office, cost management and optimization. You will partner with the Finance team in New York in preparing annual/quarterly budgets and forecasts. You will lead the accounting function and manage the complexities of working within a global matrix environment.
As a strategic HR partner, you will play an active role in the development of the team and represent a culture of maintaining the highest standards of integrity and client service. You will oversee recruitment, performance management and all HR initiatives and projects. You will work alongside New York Corporate HR and Benefits teams; managing global policies from a Canadian context. Collaborate in team meetings to establish the pipeline and assist leadership with resource allocation on engagements. This role is pivotal to the strategic and daily operations of this dynamic firm.
To be considered for this position, you will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree; Business or Finance related
- CPA, preferred
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience in a similar role. Preference will be given to candidates who have had experience managing the operations of a fast-paced office.
- Budgeting, accounting functions and financial reporting expertise required
- Human Resources, Compliance and Regulatory experience preferred
- Liaise with IT and Infrastructure Support to maintain integrity of Canadian IT systems and services
- Strong business acumen; solution orientated, balancing being both personable and professional
- Ability to be adaptable and agile
Please apply immediately, and in confidence, as this recruitment process will move quickly.