Are you an experienced Tax professional with an interest in applying your expertise in a fast-growing global public company? Do you enjoy the variety of a complex and broad set of challenges? If so, this type of opportunity does not come along often so please read on.
Our client is a global leader in the media industry, a publicly listed content and distribution company with operations in Canada, the US, UK and Australia. They have created a new role for an Associate Director, Tax
as they have recently brought the function back in-house. Due to continued growth and expansion, the tax leader will report to the SVP Group Finance in overseeing planning and compliance, provisions and tax advisory. As a key member of the Finance team, the tax leader will play an integral role in managing critical tax risks and defining tax policies and strategy. This is a global role, including international income tax, transfer pricing and indirect tax impacts of corporate development initiatives. Work closely with external tax authorities, stay current on tax developments and communicate the impact of tax changes on the business.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- CPA designation required, undergrad in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CICA In-depth tax courses preferred
- 5+ years of relevant corporate tax experience within a complex, and preferably global public company. Exposure to international tax or transfer pricing an asset
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with a self-starter and can-do attitude, capable of working in a team and independently
- Critical thinker, sense of urgency, relationship builder and deadline driven competencies
Exciting newly created role in this industry leader, an acquisitive company where new challenges and opportunities will enhance your experiences and exposure continuously. Highly visible role.