Are you an operationally focused Finance leader? Have you provided leadership in taking a business to the next level? Our client, a maker of a line of private label, all-natural specialty foods is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to be a big player in their growth story.
Their creations are behind some of the largest brands in the world. They are “on trend” and their growth projections are astounding. As a result, they need to build the next generation manufacturing platform to deliver a higher volume of product. Key to this is having an operationally savvy leader guide the finance and administration functions.
The Director of Finance and Administration role is broad and will hold responsibility for Finance, Procurement, Order Management and Client Experience and an external IT resource. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis including forward-looking recommendations.
- Oversight of accounting operations, including cash flow management, accounts payable, invoicing and accounts receivable, payroll, commodity and corporate taxes, factoring and purchase order financing and FX (i.e. forward contracts).
- Developing annual budgets and forecasts and working with the Senior Leadership Team to drive the plan.
- Managing external relationships with the bank, accounting firm, landlord and insurance providers.
- Continuous process improvement for financial and administrative functions, including making technology recommendations to make the business more efficient.
- Ensuring that the company maintains compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing leadership, direction and mentoring to members of the administration team through goal setting (individual and team) that support the company’s core values.
Over the next 12 months, they expect the Director of Finance & Administration to:
- Build a comprehensive budgeting and forecasting process.
- Develop a complete costing framework.
- Build management reporting – such as profitability by produce, customer – that will help them “see around corners”.
- Build models to support raising of capital for investments in the next generation production facility.
- Create a plan to accelerate debt reduction.
The organization is committed to values that guide the business. Amongst them are “doing well by doing good”. The Founder is an inspiring leader with a vision for a company of the future.
This is a full-time position located in York Region.
We are interested in hearing from people whose profile includes:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) and experience being the #1 in an operational Finance role.
- Experience leading the Finance function of a mid-sized ($10-20 million) manufacturing company – experience in the food sector is ideal.
- An “intrapreurial” spirit – someone who takes ownership and truly participate in business strategy and tactical execution.
- The ability to deal with change and ambiguity is important as the company is builds their next generation platform.
- Excellent communications and people skills.